Overnight Stay Coach
Reports To: Lead Play/Stay Coach, Assistant Campus Director, or Campus Director
Position Overview: Overnight Stay Coaches are responsible for the proper husbandry care of all boarding and hospitalized patients, including water checks/refills, elimination checks/cleaning, record keeping, and bathing (if necessary). In addition, Overnight Stay Coaches are responsible for the cleanliness of the campus as a whole (kennels, specific wards, group rooms, play equipment, exam rooms, treatment areas, lobby, bathrooms, etc.).
Skills & Experience
- Candidates must be a pet fanatic – pets are part of our family!
- Minimum of 1-year dog handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Some computer knowledge – must be able to use a computer program to access patient information and complete reports
The Overnight Stay Coach must be able to:
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Maintain genuine enjoyment in working with animals and can deal with them even when they are stressed, ill, or in pain.
Handle large dogs while on a leash.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.; requires standing for extended periods of time.
- Working Conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, animal dander and feces, and disinfectant/sanitation chemicals. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Performance Expectations/Essential Job Duties:
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Understands every pet’s specific personality, needs, and preferences.
- Can recognize and report any unusual condition or abnormal behavior.
- Can follow a regular schedule for cleaning/sanitizing all kennels, wards and related areas; changes/cleans litter box and water bowls.
- Can administer medication to boarding patients when necessary.
- Promptly cleans/mops up after patients when they eliminate.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the campus as a whole by thoroughly cleaning the play rooms, hallways, lobby, treatment areas, exam rooms, bathrooms, elevator, grooming rooms, stairway and break room.
- Clean and sanitize all unoccupied kennels in the boarding areas, group rooms and hospital.
- Restock supplies in bathrooms.
- Maintain laundry for the entire facility (daycare/boarding, grooming and veterinary).
- Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can display tact and respect with team members even when busy or hectic.
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.