Reports To: Lead CSR, Lead Play Coach, Assistant Campus Director or Campus Director
Position Overview: As the face and voice of Wagly, Inc., our Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) is the first and last points of contact for our existing and new clients. The ideal CSR will not only help create exceptional experiences – they’ll take ownership of them. Establishing and fostering strong bonds with our clients and their pets is the ultimate priority.
- Candidates must be a pet fanatic – pets are part of our family!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer Service background desirable but not required.
- Typing skills required.
- Tech-savvy, with a solid understanding of all Microsoft Office products.
- Significant experience with basic office functions in a busy office environment.
- Previous receptionist and veterinary practice experience are desirable but not required.
- The CSR must be able to:
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms.
- Thrive and be resourceful in unfamiliar/unexpected circumstances.
- Maintain grace-under-pressure in high-stress situations.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working Conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches, and contagious diseases.
Performance Expectations/Essential Job Duties:
- Provide an elite-level of customer service, with a high degree of energy and charisma.
- Form and maintain bonds with clients during interactions.
- Conduct guided tours of the entire facility to prospective customers and visitors.
VETERINARY KNOWLEDGE/CLIENT EDUCATION
- Comfortable navigating conversations surrounding our wide array of services and
- Can answer client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine
- Can educate clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals; has full knowledge of parasite preventives to promote client education and sales.
- Can guide clients to make appropriate decisions regarding optimum pet care.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner with clients even when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Can deal intelligibly, pleasantly, and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
- Can greet clients with poise and natural effort.
- Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting Wagly payment policies.
- Can turn future clients (phone-shoppers) into clients through relationship building and bonding.
- Answers phone calls politely and in a timely manner, providing/receiving information and directing calls as needed.
- Can handle client correspondence including procedure reminders, thank you cards, welcome cards, sympathy arrangements and cards, and A/R statements.
- Responds to emails promptly through our general email queue via our website and Yelp.
- Addresses customer grievances in a courteous manner, and acts to resolve problems.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the lobby, exam rooms, and other public areas.
- Schedules appointments and book reservations in our database.
ADMITTING/DISCHARGING PATIENTS/CASH HANDLING
- Can admit patients and handle medical record entries accurately.
- Can prepare client invoices for services performed.
- Can accurately handle payment transactions.
- Reconciles cash at opening and close prepares End of Day Report and deposit.
- Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can display tact and respect with team members even when busy or hectic.
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.