Position: Campus Director/Assistant Campus Director
Location: Currently hiring in California & Washington
VISION OF POSITION:
Working in conjunction with the Medical Director and the Senior Director of Operations, you will oversee all aspects of a campus and will hold full P&L responsibility for the operation of a campus.
CAMPUS DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES:
CUSTOMER SERVICE DEDICATION – Dedicated to listening and understanding the Wagly customer anticipating customer needs; giving top priority to customer satisfaction.
COLLABORATION – Working effectively within the Campus structure and the Wagly Support Team to accomplish the Wagly mission and vision and to integrate all functional areas of the business.
TEAM INFLUENCE – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement; modifying behaviors to accommodate the tasks, situations, and people involved.
DEVELOPING TALENT – Developing subordinates’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future jobs.
INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP (INFLUENCE) – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (subordinates, peers, and superiors) toward goal achievement; modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
MAXIMIZING PERFORMANCE – Establishing performance goals, coaching performance, providing training, and evaluating performance.
TEAM BUILDING – Focusing on Wagly Campus goals, blends people into teams when needed, creating strong morale and sense of purpose within the team. Understands why groups do what they do. Picks up intentions, needs, positions, values, and motivational triggers.
FLEXIBILITY / ADAPTABILITY – The ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance.
RESOURCEFUL – having the ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties.
JOB DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with the Wagly Support Staff on a regular basis (Operations, HR, Marketing, etc.).
- Ensure the cohesiveness of all aspects of pet care services and cross-training where necessary.
- Manages Team – motivates, recruits, hires, trains Promotes, coaches/counsel, terminates when necessary.
Working with Wagly HR, ensures Campus compliance with federal and local labor laws: OSHA, EEOC, ADA, Fair Labor Practices.
- Oversees the scheduling of staff for work assignments, allowing ample staff to provide outstanding service while maintaining a budget.
- Prepares and delivers annual performance appraisals for Campus team members on a timely basis.
- Monitors and responds to the needs of pet guests to ensure their safety, security, and comfort.
- Provides customer service and salesmanship.
- Resolve any and all customer and staff complaints.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies; Reorders and restocks as necessary.
- Manages the computer system.
- Addresses all physical campus needs to maintain a safe, comfortable environment for pet guests and team members.
- Prepares, distributes, & utilizes required statistical and financial data.
- Managers bank deposits
- Promotes and markets Wagly’s programs and services, internally, and to the outside community at large.
- Establishes and maintains network connections with the community in which the Campus is located.
- Supports the mission, vision, culture, and policies of Wagly.
- Treats customers, guests, visitors, and team members in a professional, courteous manner.
- Assists other team members as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA is a plus.
- Must be a true pet fanatic – pets are part of your family. Must be a passionate team player and a strong motivator.
- Must have a strong background in driving performance excellence through strong people management.
- Five plus years in full P&L management responsibility preferably in hospitality, service, and /or retail environments.
- Experience in problem-solving, exercising sound judgment, maintaining confidentiality, and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with co-workers, clients, and the general public.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and database
- Ability to multi-task with strong time management skills.
- Ability to complete assignments and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner, often with strict and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent oral presentation, writing, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.
- Must have exceptionally strong customer service experience and skills.
- Veterinary, boarding, and/or grooming experience required.
- Must have experience in managing inventory and accounts payable.